Chicken, Apple & Squash Curry with Rice (serves 8-10)
- 1 whole chicken – cooked, de-boned and shredded
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2-3 yellow squash – chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- 2 onions – chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh grated ginger
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- Salt to taste
1. In a large pot add oil, garlic, onions, and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in squash and cook for additional 2 minutes.
2. Stir in curry, cinnamon, and cumin. Cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and coconut milk. Salt to taste. Boil. Reduce heat; add shredded chicken to the pot. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Add apples and brown sugar. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
This keeps well, covered, in a warm oven or crockpot.
Serve with brown rice.