Farm Internship Opportunity
Restorative , Pasture-Based Family Farm Seeks Apprentice
Four Corners Farm is looking for motivated learners and food lovers with a strong work ethic,
persons eager to learn and experience life on our farm for the 2017 season.
• May-October 2017
• Clean Housing Provided (fully equipped RV)
• Nourishing Homemade Meals Included
• $100 Monthly Stipend
• Great Location in SW Virginia – 20 Minutes South of Roanoke and 10 minutes from downtown Rocky Mount (start of The Crooked Road: Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail and home of the Harvester Performance Center)!
We (The Reilly family) began raising chickens in our backyard in Gainesville, FL. In 2010, after we moved to SW Virginia, we added to our flock and began the journey raising poultry on pasture. Each season, we’ve increased our number and our variety of species, and also have had the value of learning from nature as well as our mistakes. Year after year, we continue to grow as a business; we are excited about 2017 and sharing our experience in operating a family-friendly farm with the right person.
We have four children, ranging from ages 7 to 16. All are home-schooled and involved in some manner of work on the farm. We have 3 dogs and 6 cats as well as hundreds of chickens, variety of pigs, and cows. Some of our hobbies include: reading, playing games, photography, writing, sewing, as well as a variety of other activities!
“What will I Learn?”
- Care and Management of Pastured Poultry (including Layers, Broilers and Turkeys), Range Raised Pigs, and Grass Fed Cows
- On Farm Poultry Processing
- Paddock Selection, Fencing, Multi-species Watering Systems
- Small Farm Direct Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Public Relations, Farmers Markets
- Nutrient Dense Cooking and Classes
- Access to Health/Food/Farming Book Library
- Importance of Connection to the Local Community
- Plus much, much more!!
INTERESTED? Complete this contact form and we’ll be in touch with a few more questions.