Every Tuesday during the warmer seasons, we have a Taco Salad-Bar for our lunch… This make menu planning easy and Taco Tuesday just rolls right off the tongue, too! We use either chicken, pork or ground beef – of course it’s locally sourced – the chicken and pork from our farm and the beef from our friends over at Mountain Run Farm!
Taco Tuesday Basic Recipe:
1) Cook the meat (pulled pork, shredded chicken or browned beef).
2) Saute onions, peppers and garlic in preferred fat (we like Lard!)
3) Add homemade Taco Seasoning Mix (*recipe below) to the cooked onions
4) Add the cooked meat to the pan and about 1/4 cup of chicken stock. Warm through and you’re done!
Serve over a bed of fresh salad greens, add black beans (optional), shredded cheese, guacamole, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, salsa, and a nice glob of homemade plain yogurt (or sour cream if you’d rather). Voila!
Have your own Taco Tuesday and enjoy the fiesta!
*Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons paprika (I like Spanish paprika)
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper