At least every week here at the farm, we make this simple breakfast. It’s great because we can usually eat this tasty breakfast for two mornings (plus it is a quick and easy paleo snack!). The ingredients vary based on what fresh veggies we have on hand or what’s in season. Feel free to experiment!
- 1 pound FCF breakfast sausage
- 18 eggs from hens raised on pasture
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, muenster, whatever your preference!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
- 1/2 onion (cooked with sausage)
- chopped kale
- diced peppers (cooked with sausage)
- 1 tsp spicy mustard or pesto
Preheat the oven to 400F. Brown the breakfast sausage (add the onions and/or peppers). Meanwhile, crack all the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper (and mustard or pesto) and whisk. Once the sausage is browned, spread evenly on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese and any additional ingredients on top of the sausage, then slowly pour the eggs over top. You can gently stir to spread the meat evenly, but we rarely need to do this. Place in oven to bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!